At Dancexcel we offer classes that cater for all levels of dancer. These include recreational, dedicated and competitive with each level requiring different commitment from the student/dancer.
Classes For The Recreational Dancer
- Most students join Dancexcel as a recreational dancer.
- Classes are designed for students who want to learn basic dance skills, develop confidence and have fun.
- All students perform in our annual concert held in Term 4 each year.
- From this level, students can continue to dance at a recreational level or may progress to the next level.
Classes For The Dedicated Dancer
- Classes are designed for students who would like to work towards Eisteddfods and/or exams.
- Classical Ballet students are required attend 2 classes per week at Grade level and 3 classes at Major level.
- These classes act as a progression to the next level.
- Each year dancers from this level are considered for the competitive stream.
Classes For The Competitive Dancer – Invitation Only
- Classes at this level are designed to train dancers to a higher level and help them achieve their personal best in a competitive environment.
- These classes are by invitation only.
- Students are required to attend 2 ballet classes per week, a technique and a performance class in the style in which they are competing.
- Competitive dancers represent Dancexcel in local Eisteddfods and competitions.
- Each year dancers from this level are considered for Solo and/or Duo Eisteddfod work.